Here are the top complimentary activities (yes, they are all free and open to the public!) to experience during your trip to Kailua-Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii:
- Kaukulaelae Historical Tour – This 40-minute tour, offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11am, is the best way to see the remnants of Kaukulaelae along the Keauhou Bay shoreline at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa.
- Holoholo Keauhou Tour – A unique opportunity to learn the rich history of Keauhou during a 1.5 hour hiking tour along the Kings’ Trail to historic Lekeleke burial grounds where the Battle of Kuamo’o took place – Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00am.
- Manta Talks – Organized by Fair Wind Big Island Ocean Guides and Sea Paradise, these manta ray presentations are held at the manta ray viewing area adjacent to the Sheraton’s Manta Ray Bar & Grill each Monday through Saturday evening, just after sunset. Watch manta rays feeding (almost) nightly!
- Greenwell Coffee Farm Tour – Tour Kona coffee fields and processing facilities, enjoy samples of various coffee products, and see a working Hawaiian farm. Depending upon the season, you will see and learn about each stage Kona coffee production.
- Kokua Kailua – Kailua Village BID hosts a monthly Kokua Kailua when Alii Drive is turned into a pedestrian only marketplace from 1pm-6pm. Shop, dine and buy local!
- Keauhou Trolley – Hop aboard Keauhou Resort’s Trolley to Historic Kailua Village with stops at Kona resorts, Magic Sands Beach Park, Kailua’s Pier, Kona Commons Shopping Center and numerous spots in between.
- Oceanside Yoga – Offered to guests at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa on Monday and Thursday mornings at 8:30am. Experience this yoga session in the beautiful and tranquil setting at the Bayview Terrace. Mats available.