Ko Mai Phai, also called Bamboo Island, is a small pristine deserted island between the Krabi coast and Phi Phi, Thailand. Located northeast of Phi Phi Don, it offers crystal-clear aquamarine warm waters and a lovely stretch of glistening white sand beaches on its eastern side. This uninhabited, low-lying isle is a popular destination for snorkeling, swimming and sunbathing, and when we visited via our chartered private speedboat in the early morning, my husband and I were fortunate to have the gorgeous island all to ourselves!
Bamboo Island (Ko Mai Phai) Thailand
About Gary & TayaFounders of 9to5Travel, this jet-setting Canadian husband & wife team scour the globe searching for the best travel destinations the world has to offer. They provide detailed accounts of tropical beaches, gourmet cuisines, and luxury hotels. Learn more about the couple here.
- Punta Cana Named #1 Destination in the Caribbean April 16, 2016
- Four Seasons Resort Maui Announces “Grown-Up Spring Break” April 13, 2016
- Exquisite Culinary Experiences At The St. Regis Langkawi April 8, 2016
- Starwood Debuts Ultra-Luxury Brand In Malaysia – St. Regis Langkawi April 6, 2016
- Harbour House Hotel – Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada August 1, 2015
- How To Have Your Wedding In Dubai December 12, 2010
- Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands May 8, 2011
- Jumpa Thai Restaurant Krabi, Thailand February 12, 2011
- Vietnam’s Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa Review February 22, 2011
- World’s Smallest McDonald’s? May 27, 2011
accommodation accommodations America Asia BC beach beaches British Columbia Canada Central Hawaii Hong Kong hotel hotel restaurant hotel restaurants hotel review hotels island luxury Malaysia Marina Bay Sands New York New York City NYC Resort restaurant restaurants Sentosa Sentosa Island Sheraton Singapore Singapore restaurants slider Soho Southeast Asia South East Asia Starwood Thailand U.S. U.S.A. United States US USA Vancouver Vietnam
Follow @9to5Travel on Twitter